Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pork Roast = 3 Dinners !!!

I love a 3-in01 dinner!  I put a large, still frozen,  pork roast (4lb roast bought on sale for $9.87) in my crock pot.  I set in on a stool in my garage...YES, I am trying to keep the heat out of my kitchen!  It was almost 100 degrees today and the last thing I want is a crock putting out more heat in my house! 

#1 Dinner
Frozen roast in crock, salt, pepper, cup of water...done by 4pm. I usually cut up some potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and sometimes onions, drizzled with evoo, salt and garlic powder and roast at 400 degrees for approx. 20 minutes or until caramelized and soft.  But, this time, b/c I didn't want to heat up the oven, I steamed carrots and potatoes in my pampered chef microwave dish.  Add em all together and you have a classic roast.  You could do mashed potatoes instead!


#2 Dinner
Pulled pork BBQ sammies.  This meal just consists of heating up some of the pork, piling up on a wheat bun, and covering in your favorite sauce.  You can add a drop of liquid smoke to meat as you heat it up to add more BBQ flavor.  Don't add it to ALL of the meat though, there is still another night to change up for!  Serve with Kettle Chips, Slaw, or Baked Beans


#3 Dinner
Mexican Salsa Verde Burritos.   Season the pork roast with some cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder, reheat.  OR pour in a can/jar of Salsa Verde or green enchilada sauce.  Serve on top of wheat or regular flour tortillas with sliced avocados and cilantro.  You can add lime juice to Greek yogurt for a nice flavor in place of sour cream.  Add your favorite toppings and salsa.  I serve with a side of black beans and sometimes Mexican rice.  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment