Saturday, January 29, 2011

And Money Saving Momma was born...

Thought I'd share a bit about how this blog came to be!!!

Last Friday, my husband's company had a total shake up, and I was scared out of my mind.  I touched on how it went down here.    But, as of now, he is still employed.  He is no longer with the same company, has to drive 3x further, but STILL HAS A JOB!!!  Prayer works, because this is nothing less than a miracle!!!

During the last week, in my worried state of mind, I packed tons of stuff to sell at our local consignment store, I reduced our utility bills by getting rid of any extra programming and services, and quite spending.  Like, literally stopped going anywhere that wasn't a totally NEEDED!  We made meals out of what we already had and bought minimal groceries.  I didn't have to get gas, because I barely drove, and while it has only been a week, it was EXACTLY what I needed to become more conscious of everyday spending. 

In today's economy, one never knows when something like this might happen.  It has happened to so many others and although I consider myself a thrifty person, I know there are ways we can get by on less.  So, I went searching, and with the advice of my dear friend and awesome blogger, April, my Money Saving Momma blog was born.    I am so excited to be blogging and sharing tips with others, and hopefully, someday earn money doing reviews/advertisements on it.    Maybe all this happened for a reason, it brought my husband and I closer and reinforced our faith that God will provide.  I am so grateful for my family and friends who kept us in their prayers, it worked!!

If anyone has money making ideas, or tips on how to live on less....please comment, every opinion matters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment