Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Juicing Experience

I have been wanting a juicer ever since reading Matt Terry's blog.  I started researching them...my friend, April got one and showed me hers..the grapefruit juice was sooo yummy!  I just had to have one!  We bought a Jack La Lanne Juicer and it worked great...the kids loved the juice and immediately started requesting favorites!  That made me sooo happy :)

So far, they love apple juice, orange juice, strawberry-pear, and really anything with fruit in it...we mix alot of flavors together, so yummy!


We even poured the strawberry juice in Popsicle trays!
We only had our juicer for 4 days...we kept wishing we weren't throwing out ALL THAT PULP!!!  I know there are recipes to use it, but since we mix fruits, it wasn't usable.  I couldn't stand it...a whole fruit goes in, a quarter cup of juice comes out and the rest goes down the disposal...I started researching again and found Montel Williams blender/juicer.  It emulsifies the entire fruit and vegetable using everything!  I wanted it, but with a $200+ price tag, I just couldn't do it.  I found the perfect machine for us...It is the...

NINJA KITCHEN SYSTEM 1200
This machine has the same 1100 watt motor as the Health master. It pulverizes whole fruits and vegetables, ice, and anything you want to within moments!  It came with a regular container and a huge 72oz pitcher/bowl.  You can mix bread dough (can't wait to mix up some whole wheat pizza crust!), use it as a mixer for baking and whipping, juicing, blender for smoothies and frozen drinks, soups, chopping/food processing (yay for my salsa!) and even real ice cream within 2 minutes!!  I have used this since Monday and absolutely LOVE it!!  The kids do too! 

The strawberry ice cream is all gone!! 

I started to shred carrots and bell peppers for my rice, then remembered
my new machine, 4 seconds later I had them all chopped perfectly!

Super Healthy berry smoothies for dessert!
This appliance will replace several of my others and with a price tag of only $25 more than my juicer...it will definitely save me MONEY by using ALL my fruits and veggies!  Check this system out if you are thinking about juicing!

2 comments:

  1. I would be afraid of a juicer.... no my husband would be afraid if I got a juicer!
    My next appliance to buy is a Kitchen aide Mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a Ninja Kitchen System! The smoothies look yummy! Thanks for joining our Terrific Thursday Blog Hop! Hope to see you next Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete