Monday, September 12, 2011

Cheap Eats

This dinner on a budget is super simple...
Kielbasa & Cabbage! 

I bought turkey sausage in a two pack for $1.87, you can buy kielbasa or polish sausage, then slice thin (so it goes a long way), brown real well in large crock or pan.  Remove and set aside. Chop up fresh cabbage (i paid $3.44 for a large head), place in pan that you used for your sausage (all the bits from the browning will give lots of flavor!)  I drizzle a bit of olive oil and saute my cabbage. (thanks to my sis, who talked me into frying it!  Yummiest thing ever!)   You can also add water and boil it with salt and pepper.  You can add diced potatoes to make it stretch further too!  When the cabbage is done to your likeness....dinner is served!! 

Usually this is way more than one meal, save the leftovers for a side dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment