Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cheap Eats

Super Simple Chicken Noodle Soup

Made this soup because the weather is cool and rainy, plus my little girl has a cold...what better dinner to make than...  Chicken Noodle Soup

All you need is: Bone-In Chicken
                        Carrots
                        Celery
                        Egg Noodles
                        Salt & Pepper

I use whatever bone-in chicken I have on hand for this soup, this time I used two leg quarters, but a whole chicken is great too! (I like to cook extra and save for an easy meal the next day!)

I placed my frozen chicken in a soup pan, covered with water, let it get to a rapid boil, cover and then turn down to just a bubble and cook until done. 

Remove chicken and let it cool so you can debone it.  Meanwhile, chop up some peeled carrots and celery (leafy part too, it adds tons of flavor, you can even leave it in big pieces and remove it later if ya want).  Add the carrots, then 5 minutes later add the celery and a bag of egg noodles, boil 7-10 minutes, put chicken back in and you are ready to serve.  Salt and pepper to taste! Yummy!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment